vista games that DONT work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheeseking25

In Runtime
ok i have a list of my favorite games here that i want to make sure will work if i get vista. ppl who have the game and have success on vista would be great sources of info so plz post if u do, although any help is appreciated.

Oblivion + all expansion packs
UT 2004 Editors Edition
Starcraft + Warcraft 3 Battlechests
Age of Empires 3 + Warchiefs Expansion
Civilization IV (no expansions yet)
Battlefield 2 + Expansions

I also have some other games that are less popular but hopefully will work.

Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth 1+2
Sim City 4 Deluxe Edition
Rise of Nations (old one) Gold Edition
Empire Earth II

While the top list is really my priority I still want all or nearly all of my games to run on vista. I would be getting vista as part of a new gaming build that would fully support DX10 but I wanna make sure most of my games will run on it. Once again, any help is greatly appreciated.

Search for a thread with keywords like : Vista games or something like that I remember there was one, and google is your biggest friend.

Yeah you would probably get answers straight away if you search on google.

Ive just installed Vista Ultimate yesterday but ive only installed Battlefield 2142 at the moment as thats all i play at the moment, but i can report that it loads up and works perfectly, little bit of lag here and there but nothing much.
The first service pack thats coming out soon is meant to make vista even better and make performance in games even better.

Have you tried running them in compatability mode? right click then properties then the compatabilty tab. You can then choose windows xp sp2 and also check the box saying run as administrator.

That has fixed most of my games in windows vista. Also give a description of the problem when running the games such as does it get to the menu or just not run at all. Its more helpful the more information you give :) I have BF2 in vista it gets to the menu but i havnt played it so maybe it crashes at logon I dont no so more info please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom