Unreal Tournament 3 Beta Demo Is Out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
short answer: no

long answer: I initially had my E2160 OCed to 3.0GHz, but the stock fan got really noisy as a result when it tried to cool on load, so I just brought it back to 1.8GHz; don't notice a difference at all in games yet, will OC once games actually start getting processor-demanding, with respect to my cpu at least

as for the x1950gt, I've tried upping it to PRO speeds (+100MHz on core and mem) but I get BSODs, I'm sure it's a driver issue as the GT is apparently more than capable of reaching those speeds and I'll be trying some omega drivers whenever I get the chance, my motherboard also has some weird PCI-e settings that I'm pretty sure I have to either re-configure or disable all together.

I've decided to keep everything on stock until I get myself a better psu, extra case fans and a better cpu heatsink/fan

Alright well I don't mind noise, my X1900XT is at 641/1500. Unreal runs fine and thats like how far I can OC before games start to artifact.

I'm enjoying this game a lot right now. Currently have it 1440*900 with High(haven't tried max yet) settings running it flawlessly.

Great game, can't wait to get it.

hrmm is it just me.. or does this just sorta look like quake with some gloss in it :(

hopefully.. from what i've read, they held alot of texture detail back in the demo.. cuz this looks nothign like they promised.. and i've heard lots of rants about this

Actually, you should look into either a 2900PRO (~$270) or the soon-to-be 8800GT (supposedly ~$250) http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/8800gt-benchmarks-156373/

But I'd wait till the GT is released, seems really promising, or, if you're on a tight budget, get an x1950 or 7900 for ~$99, I've seen em around
cool cool Ill look into the 8800 later on. Im just wanting something to play ut on full settings. seeing thats the only game im looking forward to other than crysis.

I'm enjoying this game a lot right now. Currently have it 1440*900 with High(haven't tried max yet) settings running it flawlessly.

Great game, can't wait to get it.

Just got done playing it with Max settings on 1440*900 on the deathmatch maps it ran 40-50fps on the Vehicle CTF it was running 20-30. But it's only the beta i can only see the performance and gfx getting better when it's finally released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom