Driving Games and steering wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaanish

Fully Optimized
I have recently re-kindled my interest in driving games, and I am wondering wether to get a steering wheel or not. I am considering getting this one:

Buy Logitech Formula Force EX Wheel 963357-0120 from CCL - Online Retailer of the Year 2006

Do you think that it looks good? I know its logitech so that means that it is quality, but have any of you heard things about it/used it before?

Secondly, can you reccomend my any driving games to purchase?

I own:

F1 Challenge and Colin McRae '05.

I am planning to get: DiRT, GTR 2, ToCA Race Driver 3, rFactor (when it comes out on sale in the shops) and the new SEGA Rally.

Can anyone please suggest me any games that are fun and steering wheel compatible?

thanks, as always, for your feedback!

Logitech G25 is a great wheel. Full 720 degree rotation I think it was. The only thing was the price. For something like that the price seems rediculous even for a such a good wheel. Mine failed me and I returned it back to the store since I stopped playing racing games for the most part.

Get Live For Speed if you want some real driving. Makes any pro at nfs or gtr2 look like a noob.

As much as I would like realism in games, I find that most driving games really need a reaction time that you get from Joypads.

That thing is nice, definitely something to drool over, but The MOMO has most all those features except the clutch and 720deg. rotation.

I dunno what games can program for the clutch? mgcook, does dirt work for yours?

dirt doesnt have the clutch feature, but GTR2 does.

As much as I would like realism in games, I find that most driving games really need a reaction time that you get from Joypads.

But then there is the problem of not having enough precision to control the car when using a Joypad. I think the best setup for racing sims is the Joystick.

But then the added realism a wheel gives is lost.. :)

i can byfar get better results with a controller than a wheel.

but the wheel is so much more fun, and there is actually a learning curve to it. i'm getting better at the wheel. :)

Alright, sorry for not replying to this thread, I totally forgot about it lol. The MOMO isnt available from any retailer in the UK(or else i would have bought it), and the G25 is just too expensive for me, having to pay for a new build in the future and all.

I went with the formula force and am getting in on tuesday. It comes with the Accelerator and Brake pedal, even though it dosent show it on the pictures, and i dont really care about it having no clutch, as I wouldnt really like, or use, it.

You guys should check out rFactor. Its the CS:S of the online driving games and the community is massive, loads of mods have been made to it, and the graphics and realism are unparalelled. It is at the moment only available for download, but it will be released comercially in mid november i think.

Has anyone heard about the new sega rally? Is it good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom