Windows Vista and Wireless problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bt15205

Beta member
Hey all,

Not sure if this belongs in the OS section, or networking, since it involves both.

I recently bought an Acer Aspire 5570Z laptop. I travel 90% of the time for my job, and the laptop they gave me just wasn't cutting it.

So far, Vista Premium 32bit has worked great, and I scored a couple 1GB ram chips at various store sales, so now my games (World of warcraft, Civilization, and other such things) are running pretty darn good considering what a budget laptop this is.

The one thing I can't figure out, is the wireless connectivity. Last week, I was in a hotel in Michigan, and the wireless connectivity was great. Whenever I connect to the network here at this new hotel, the speed is fine. I'm not moving, and the Access Point isn't moving, but for some reason it goes from a good reliable speed, to kicking me off and not seeing the access point at all. When I try to reconnect, I can see the network, but I just get "Windows Cannot connect to Quality.Inn.609" over and over again, and then magically, it just hops back on eventually. As you might guess, this is terribly unreliable, from both a gamer and business standpoint. I understand hotel wireless is seldom "truly" reliable, but I find it hard to believe the connection goes from "steady" to "can't even find the network" in a matter of seconds. And I can go up to an hour or sometimes even more with a good connection, then I just get kicked off.

Anyway, enough rambling, here are my specs, tell me what you think :)

Acer Aspire 5570Z laptop
2GB Ram
Atheros AR5007EG Wireless network adapter
Driver version: 7.2.0.179 - 3/17/2007
Windows Vista Premium 32bit version

I've googled for more updated drivers, but I mostly get returns that look pretty shady. Is there a solid reliable place to get updated drivers?

Any help would be much appreciated. Everything is working great with this laptop except that one issue.

Does the wireless work with no problems when connecting to other access points other then the hotel? This may not be a problem on your end - but the hotel. Maybe something is emitting EMI??? If it does this connecting to other wireless networks - then it could be fixed by updating the driver.

Vista-Driver.ORG // FREE Vista Drivers..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom