Halo 3 "Infection". Knock off of the CS Zombie mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOtis

Daemon Poster
So I'm watching this review for Halo 3 on ign. At 10:15 he mentions a new multiplayer mode in Halo 3 called Infection. It's exactly like the zombie mod in CS, only when youre a zombie you get the sword, not a knife like in CS.

Now I'm not saying they ripped it off or anything, i mean a game mods a game mode, their could be others games even before CS that had a zombie mod. Just the way the guy describes sounds exactly likt the zombie mod for source.

Guess I found it kind of funny

IGN: Halo 3 Review

Great review they made there. That infection mode looks really fun. I love the classic modes like that that make it a lot more interesting. I'm definitely siked to play halo 3 this tuesday!!

Actually the infection mode is a built in version of an extremely popular custom game in Halo 2. Halo 2 fans came up with the zombie game (regardless if they got their idea elsewhere. It's not like zombies were very original in the first place) and relied on a couple of trust rules. If a human was killed he would change to the green "zombie" team, however there was nothing that forced him to do so. Zombies were to not use the pistol and humans were not to use the sword. Bungie just implemented it so it was all automatic to make it easier to set up and prevent morons from breaking the custom rules.

YouTube - Halo 2 Zombies match

Simply to give you video of Halo 2 zombie mode, notice how people were breaking rules? One of the reasons they put it in as an official game mode.

Actually the infection mode is a built in version of an extremely popular custom game in Halo 2. Halo 2 fans came up with the zombie game (regardless if they got their idea elsewhere. It's not like zombies were very original in the first place) and relied on a couple of trust rules. If a human was killed he would change to the green "zombie" team, however there was nothing that forced him to do so. Zombies were to not use the pistol and humans were not to use the sword. Bungie just implemented it so it was all automatic to make it easier to set up and prevent morons from breaking the custom rules.

YouTube - Halo 2 Zombies match

Simply to give you video of Halo 2 zombie mode, notice how people were breaking rules? One of the reasons they put it in as an official game mode.

Hmmmmmmm, interseting. Thanks for droppin the knowledge, I didn't know that. That's pretty cool.

infection is awesome... played it this weekend... you'd think its hard just using energy swords but it isn't

So I'm watching this review for Halo 3 on ign. At 10:15 he mentions a new multiplayer mode in Halo 3 called Infection. It's exactly like the zombie mod in CS, only when youre a zombie you get the sword, not a knife like in CS.

Now I'm not saying they ripped it off or anything, i mean a game mods a game mode, their could be others games even before CS that had a zombie mod. Just the way the guy describes sounds exactly likt the zombie mod for source.

Guess I found it kind of funny

IGN: Halo 3 Review

It's microsoft, you know they are gonna steal ideas. I'm a halo fan but i still have seen the strange similiarties like how the story line is kind of like doom 3 and familiar with half life 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom