Anyone play guitar? I'm lookin to get one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazeD

Fully Optimized
Yeah so I want to take up guitar. I've always been interested in getting a guitar, but never did I guess.

I need the whole sha'bang. No more than 300$ please.

I was looking at these:
Buy B.C. Rich Metal Master Pack online at Musician's Friend
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-IJX121Metal-Guitar-Jumpstart-Package?sku=518877\

I really like the BC Rich one, but I don't know if it plays as well as it looks.

I'm not a complete beginner, my friend used to have an electric guitar. I messed with his a little bit so I know the uber basics.

I've been playing guitar for a year or two. I hate my starter kit though. It's starting to feel like a plastic toy. It's a Fender Squier Strat, which is horrible. I just use it for practice, until I get a better guitar. Which is the Ibanez RG7321 or Schecter C-1 Classic.

I haven't heard much of BC Rich. They look good though.

I think this would be better:
Buy Epiphone Les Paul Special II Electric Guitar and Amp Pack online

hmm...I've heard more of their name, and they have a great sound. But that's not to say B.C. Rich is bad. Your choice though. I was just suggesting.

hmm...I've heard more of their name, and they have a great sound. But that's not to say B.C. Rich is bad. Your choice though. I was just suggesting.

Thanks.

I can't buy it for a while so I'm going to keep looking around to make sure I don't buy a POS, lol.

I kinda like the BC Rich one cause it looks sweet. :D

Honestly dude, most guitar under 500 bucks are gonna be a POS. It's not until you get to around the 800-1000 dollar mark are they really gonna get good. Stay away from those starter packs too...I had/have the fender one, and its just garbage. When I bought my Jackson (which was like 2 grand), it was just amazing the difference in playability. I can barely even play my first guitar now because I'm so used to the tone, quality, feel, and overall playability of my Jackson.

If your willing to spend over 300 bucks, I would get this:
Buy Schecter Omen 6 Electric Guitar online at Musician's Friend

And

Roland Micro-CUBE from zZounds.com!

That's probably about the best beginner guitar you can get. I would just save up and get something at least halfway decent, as those BC riches aren't all that great, and the Ephiphones have QC issues.

That guitar/amp is about 425, and if you decide to quit playing for whatever reason, you could probably sell it and get almost all of your money back, depending upon how long you've had it, the condition, ect.

You might want to go register and post at these forums: GuitarLodge.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

And post there and ask what you should get.

Ugh, dude, everyone sweats on Ibanez and Shechters cuz they look nice. Don't worry about looks. Get a guitar that sounds good and is good quality. Any true Fender is good quality. Personally, I am a huge fan of Gibson's Gothic series when it comes to electrics. Acoustics, I wouldn't recomend anything other than a Taylor or Martin. Along a more budget like, a Fender acoustic or Takamine acoustic will work well and keep great sound.

BC Rich guitars are horrible
for around 300 bbucks you can get a Schecter Omen 6 (which i have and love) or an Ibanez RG321 both good budget guitars

Taylor and Martin guitars are very nice but very expensive

Yeah so I want to take up guitar. I've always been interested in getting a guitar, but never did I guess.

I need the whole sha'bang. No more than 300$ please.

I was looking at these:
Buy B.C. Rich Metal Master Pack online at Musician's Friend
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-IJX121Metal-Guitar-Jumpstart-Package?sku=518877\

I really like the BC Rich one, but I don't know if it plays as well as it looks.

I'm not a complete beginner, my friend used to have an electric guitar. I messed with his a little bit so I know the uber basics.

yes, bc rich plays just as good as they look.
i've played all models (and have a ASM Tourchy :) )
I use GHS Zakk Wylde Boomer strings with the stock BC Rich pickups and it screams.

however, i've never played on a BC Rich amp.....

i'd suggest going to Buy guitars, musical instruments, music gear, musical equipment online - GuitarCenter.com

Buy B.C. Rich Warbeast Electric Guitar online at Guitar Center
Buy Line 6 Spider III 15 Modeling Combo Amplifier online at Guitar Center

any chance of you actually being able to try out any guitars in person? lower-end guitars can be hit-or-miss as far as playability and quality goes. you should REALLY try to get to a music/guitar shop and try some out for yourself. there are different necks, spacing, fret sizes, etc. that can really affect how a guitar feels and plays for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom