Thinking to Change Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kdar

Daemon Poster
Now I have D-Link Extrem N

Newegg.com - D-Link DIR-655 IEEE 802.11n (draft) IEEE 802.11g IEEE 802.11b IEEE 802.3 IEEE 802.3u Xtreme N Gigabit Router - Retail

and same adapter

Newegg.com - D-Link DWA-552 IEEE 802.11n (draft) IEEE 802.11g IEEE 802.11b 32-bit PCI Xtreme Desktop Adapter up to 300Mbps Data Rates Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA, WPA2) - Retail

---
And they don't work very good.
And I still can return it. I still have one week to return.

So. I was thinking what to get instead..
One of my friend recommended NetGear..
What would you recommend...

I personally prefer D-Link, but in all honesty, I would steer away from the Pre-N and N stuff. It is still pretty new. At home, I use a D-Link WBR-2300 802.11G router, and it is great. I have it on the 2nd floor in my (disaster of an) office, and my girl's laptop gets good signal all around the house. There are some spots in the basement where it will be low signal, but for the most part there aren't issues. Only time the laptop in the basement has some issues is when I am on the Wii in the same room, sometimes the laptop will drop.

i recommend D-Link and Linksys's cuz they are easy to Port Forward and doesn't block some access for gaming

NO! BELKIN are EVIL! they make the worst quality products i have ever seen/heard of. recipe for disaster. where i work, people are always returning and having problems with belkin KVM Switches.

i find d-links to be the best.
i have the same router (not extreme) but havn't used the N wireless yet.
i know there was a firmware update i had to do when i got mine.
have you tried that yet?

other than that, i guess i'd go with a linksys.
i dont' care for any other routers because iv'e never seen any with the same amount of options as a dlink or linksys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom