can anybody tell me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

navistar

Beta member
Anybody tell me Local Area Network (LAN) which type configure in Windows Vista, I tried many time but same as per windows XP , Let me tell you that I m using a LAN connection for my computer where DHCP is enabled.... How can i configure my computer to use this connection ... I m getting the IP address n everything...... I m using a HP pavillion 9000 with Windows vista.... When I ping n run ipconfig /all command ... i can see my computer is getting the ip address...but no internet... I can see it's sending bites but no receiving ..What could be the possible reason.??? .. I even uninstall some security programmes.. like hp advisor, Nortron antivirus.. then i reinstall the windows vista .. It's still not working... Please help me how to fix this problem. I did disable the firewall too. I m sure that There is sumthing in windows vista which is not allowing this internet traffic to come into the computer... I did check the TCP/IP settings n matched with another guy as well they were all fine. I've checked the Proxy Settings are fine also... Please help

Many thanks

Hello navistar, welcome to Tech-Forums!

Can you please provide more details about this setup?
Is this a small home network, how many hosts are on it?
Is this a wired, or a wireless connection?
Do you have admin access to the router config?
When you run the IPCONFIG /ALL command, what IP address is your computer getting? Is it a 169.254.X.X address?
you mentioned PING, but didn't say WHAT you were pinging, or what the results were.

If you are getting an IP address that is NO 169.254.X.X, then read on...
Can you ping the IP Address of the default gateway?
Can you ping google.com?
Can you ping 64.233.167.99? (this is Google's IP address).

If you can ping the Google IP address, and not the Domain name, then there is a DNS issue somewhere.

Hello navistar, welcome to Tech-Forums!

Can you please provide more details about this setup?
Is this a small home network, how many hosts are on it?
Is this a wired, or a wireless connection?
Do you have admin access to the router config?
When you run the IPCONFIG /ALL command, what IP address is your computer getting? Is it a 169.254.X.X address?
you mentioned PING, but didn't say WHAT you were pinging, or what the results were.

If you are getting an IP address that is NO 169.254.X.X, then read on...
Can you ping the IP Address of the default gateway?
Can you ping google.com?
Can you ping 64.233.167.99? (this is Google's IP address).

If you can ping the Google IP address, and not the Domain name, then there is a DNS issue somewhere.

Thank you very much for your reply!

Let me give you the details..
It's a small network of 30 computers.
There is only one host.
It's wired connection.
no i don't have admin access to the router config.
When I run the command of IPConfig /all ... It shows a IP address which my server assigned me automatically. yeah You are right these are numbers 192.168.x.x sumthing like that.
I was pinging the yahoo... but nothing was happening... nor it was showing request time out neither... reply from.
I didn't try the defult gateway...
I didn't try pinging google because I know when I click on the icon of that lan connection.. It show me sending data but no receiving...

all the necessary setting I've checked... they are all fine.. Don't know what else could be problem.. I install this VISTA ... It's not working for me.... I m really ****ed of... Please Help

Thanks once again

First and foremost, have you consulted the IT Admin? That would be my first suggestion....

Also, as requested, try to ping the default gateway from this host.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom