BioShock WTF!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuThoRitY

Daemon Poster
So,, I installed BioShock on Vista today... and when I go to run I'm getting the Side by Side Config Error.. I've done some research and the 2 threads I found that said have fixed it didn't work for me... Actually I got more errors with that then I did normally... Any help would be great.. Thanks...

I know my first mistake was INSTALLING VISTA! :-(

What caused it in the other two thread's an what was the fix I would like to add this to my list.

The problem was just Vista in general and the fix was downloading some Microsoft Cleaner and wiping the C++ Directory on something or something like that.... Found it on the 2k Forums...

I've heard that, but Steam ran fine for me from the get go. Don't get me going on steam though lol. I love that freakin client so much. It handles everything for you, forever. I hope they land a contract with EA or something lol. The gaming world would never be the same.

I've heard that, but Steam ran fine for me from the get go. Don't get me going on steam though lol. I love that freakin client so much. It handles everything for you, forever. I hope they land a contract with EA or something lol. The gaming world would never be the same.

I'm a newb, please tell em what steam is?
I googled it and it looks like a client like utorrent that lets you download games onto your pc?

uhm, its not like utorrent, utorrent is for sharing files, Steam is a game management system provided by Valve that allows you to launch games, manages internet games, download new games at a cost, receive automatic updates for individual games and allows you to go almost anywhere, log in and you have access to your registered games by download.

So say I'm 5000 miles away from home, at an uncles house, he has high speed internet, download the Steam client, log in, ask to launch Counter-Strike, 10 minutes later it has downloaded all the necessary files needed to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom