Free software for web building

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModerNietz

Baseband Member
Hi, I'm thinking to creat a website, but I don't want to use dreamweaver or any software that's not free. I'm new to programming but I chose to support free software. Please, give me some idea!

Please be patient with me. Can I use those software in Windows? Are there open source software for Windows? Also, I think I'm going to use Linux, how can I start? Can I download Linux from the internet?

NVU is a great little program for creating webpages

Nvu - The Complete Web Authoring System for Linux, Macintosh and Windows

Of course there is open source software for windows, Tons in fact you might want to take a look at the open CD: Welcome - TheOpenCD

If you are going to use Linux, the best place to start would be the Linux Distro chooser in my Sig. It asks you a series of questions then based on your answers, comes up with a suitable distrbution for you, then you follow the link of your choosing to the distribution home page, D/L the ISO burn it to CD using Nero or the burning app of your choice and there you have Linux

cheers

Jake

Thanks. If I use Linux, can I read pdf books?

Yeah, there's only about 8 different programs that you can use to read pdf's, there's quite a few more that will create pdf's for you.

ModerNietz, start taking a look at the link I provided in the first response. Especially if you're asking if there's a program available that's similar to a windows program. You'll get faster responses than waiting for somebody to reply to your message.

Thanks all. Now I've got the Linux DVD, but before installing it, I want to make sure how to solve the driver issue and network issue. Can I find the drivers for Linux?

the drivers will depend on what mobo you have got u should know this if you built the system yourself and should go to there website, if you brought from retail like pc world or dell there should be like a name to them which you can ggole search or on theres site which should give you techincal support and drivers downloads and that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom