PS3 Is A Power Hog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
plus have you seen how hot that thing gets i was testing it out a few ours ago and after 15 mins of gaming i could already fell the hot air emanating from the inside and i had two fans on in my room. But we cant deny it is cheaper than a lot of blue ray players.

X-box has been having overheating problems too, they have been having problems with these things left and right. They probably dont have big enough fans in them. The PS3 I think has the same if not more punch to it than alot of computers. The PS3 does have the goods in it when they get better game design programs out to blow the Xbox away actually i feel it already does, but thats my opinion. Im not about to come on here though acting like a five year old throwing punches at everybody that has a different opinion, I have better things to do.

In terms of horse power, it depends. In CPU crunching it is good at statistical math and non branching algorithms however in terms of GPU the 360 has the upper hand. Is this an opinion? Nope. This is what the specs and developers say and show.

Power hog or not, the PS3 is the next gen gaming console, as one previous poster said if you cant afford the power then dont buy it, if you dont even own the machine dont whine about it? It's a gaming console, who cares how much power it uses, it's a beast in it's self, I have owned both, sold my 360 for a ps3, and from what I remember the 360 couldnt even attempt to hold it's own, sony has a much better customer service too, helping me on everything needed, microsoft on the other hand...there arnt enough 4 letter words to allow me express my anger for microsofts poor quality and buggy systems...

Point being, it's a console meant for fun, and multimedia...who honostly cares about the power it uses except for a budget gamer, if you want a budget system get the 360, if you want the best out, get the ps3...I get really annoyed by these moronic posts with people with a mentality to whine about the 2 best game systems out....can no one find anything else better to do?

wowiec8e.gif

Nope. the wii is the only next gen console, because its the only one that will have any affect and contribute creatively towards "next generation" consoles. The others are just a step backwards, the wii has innovated and created a "new generation" of gaming consoles.

Just look at the ps3 sales and you can tell its not "the next gen console".

how's the wii revolutionary? i've been playing motion sensing games in the arcades for years, just the other day i played one with my nephew at chuckie cheeses. Ps3 on the other hand is contributing the CBA,BD, SixAxis(which kinda debunks your wii), etc... the only thing the wii has is motion sensing which has akready hapened, btw the ps3 motion sensing is better since it uses 802.11b instead of a sensor bar.

PS3FTW!!!

also remember that the sega saturn was also one of the porest consoles in sales but was vastly superior to the PS1, however it lost only to price, but the PS3 s not just a gaming console.

PLAYB3YOND.COM

how's the wii revolutionary? i've been playing motion sensing games in the arcades for years, just the other day i played one with my nephew at chuckie cheeses. Ps3 on the other hand is contributing the CBA,BD, SixAxis(which kinda debunks your wii), etc... the only thing the wii has is motion sensing which has akready hapened, btw the ps3 motion sensing is better since it uses 802.11b instead of a sensor bar.

PS3FTW!!!

also remember that the sega saturn was also one of the porest consoles in sales but was vastly superior to the PS1, however it lost only to price, but the PS3 s not just a gaming console.

PLAYB3YOND.COM

I'm not even gonna bother arguing what you said concerning the sixaxis being better than the wii's motion sensor.

And I think the problem with these next gen consoles, including the PS3, is that they are trying very hard not to be just a gaming console but instead a complete media center. I don't know about others, but I bought my ps2 because I wanted to play games. It did that for me and I have had a great time with it for many years. I'm not into spending hundreds of dollars more to get better media center capabilities and other tacked on additions; I want to play games.

It's why I gave up console gaming this generation. My PC will be a better media center than any console ever will be.

sensor bar=you have to stand within range
802.11b= i can stand 30 feet away from my ps3 or farthe if i use a repeater and i can stand at any angle away from my ps3 not just in front of te sensor bar

BTW I'm a harcore gamer i love playing games, and for me the lineup on PS3 and included bluray player is much better than the 360. I dont plan on using it as my media center pc because i already have one, but i do use it to watch BD's and play games, and now that the AAA games are coming out later this year ending the game drought you will see that you would be wise to invest in the ps3, also I'm tired of all those lame shooters or 360

Halo m3h

PS3 FTW!!!

sensor bar=you have to stand within range
802.11b= i can stand 30 feet away from my ps3 or farthe if i use a repeater and i can stand at any angle away from my ps3 not just in front of te sensor bar

BTW I'm a harcore gamer i love playing games, and for me the lineup on PS3 and included bluray player is much better than the 360. I dont plan on using it as my media center pc because i already have one, but i do use it to watch BD's and play games, and now that the AAA games are coming out later this year ending the game drought you will see that you would be wise to invest in the ps3, also I'm tired of all those lame shooters or 360

Halo m3h

PS3 FTW!!!

Why would you want to stand 30 feet away while playing the wii? Also, most of those "AAA" titles that you speak of are also coming to the 360/PC. So no, the ps3 is not a good investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom