how do you clean your game CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Untrue. Treat them with respect and they'll last forever...or until your little brother/sister gets a hold o'em. ;)

No they don't. I had many burned discs that just dodn't work anymore, after only being used 10-20 times, and sitting in the closet for 3 years.

No they don't. I had many burned discs that just dodn't work anymore, after only being used 10-20 times, and sitting in the closet for 3 years.
I guess the keyword there is "burned"! Although, I have dozens of burned discs, a few used well over a few dozen times, that have sat in my cabinet for...hmm, a good five years or so. You mustn't be storing them in a CD case, or let your closet temperatures go extreme, as the disc won't just "stop working" from sitting there. :rolleyes:

I've only had two problems with CDs/DVDs ever - and that's firstly, letting someone else use / borrow them, and secondly, just setting the disc on my desk (gets papers thrown on it, scratched etc.), although I've still not had a CD/DVD ever fail, of my own.

I do use DTools though, as digging out the CD/DVD to play is incredibly annoying if you play many games. Thankfully, some newer games are realizing the stupidity in "requiring the disc", but that's a slow change and then you have all of the older games. Hurray for DTools! :amazed:

I guess the keyword there is "burned"! Although, I have dozens of burned discs, a few used well over a few dozen times, that have sat in my cabinet for...hmm, a good five years or so. You mustn't be storing them in a CD case, or let your closet temperatures go extreme, as the disc won't just "stop working" from sitting there. :rolleyes:

I've only had two problems with CDs/DVDs ever - and that's firstly, letting someone else use / borrow them, and secondly, just setting the disc on my desk (gets papers thrown on it, scratched etc.), although I've still not had a CD/DVD ever fail, of my own.

I do use DTools though, as digging out the CD/DVD to play is incredibly annoying if you play many games. Thankfully, some newer games are realizing the stupidity in "requiring the disc", but that's a slow change and then you have all of the older games. Hurray for DTools! :amazed:

I know, original discs last longer. They were in jewel case, no extreme temps. All sorts of brands. CD is the worst invention (after flppy disks, which were even worse).

I know, original discs last longer. They were in jewel case, no extreme temps. All sorts of brands. CD is the worst invention (after flppy disks, which were even worse).
For the worst invention, they sure were/are popular. :D

And they're not going anywhere... so! :rolleyes:

A strait perpendicular scratch will result in a misread, you can almost lick a cd to get it to read if it has not been grieviously scaratched, the plastic surface is located at the botom, hense the laser read issue .

Plastx, something I bought to get the foggy look outta my headlights, it is a polish/sanding compound, similar to toothpaste, reason tooth paste worked so well was because it had chunks of particles in it, sorta sanding the cd, well plastx has MUCH finer particles in it, takes most scratchs out of a cd, and fills in the gaps, takes a few coats of it to work, but it does wonders on headlights and cds alike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom