i got 2 major viruses that wont go away, i need help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
ok here r the two:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\nnnolli.dll

TR/Dldr.ConHook.gen

*dont know this one*

TR/Vundo.gen

i have Yahoo! Anti-Spy, Norton Security Spywate Scan-powered by Yahoo!, Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic, n Ad-Adware SE Personal.

all are up-to-date n all cannot catch the virus, except Avira. When i have the option of deleting TR/Dldr.ConHook.gen, it works, but everytime i open or do anything the same virus comes back. I click delete n ok every single time it comes up, IT'S ANNOYING!!!!! Same goes with TR/Vundo.gen, but this one doesnt happen as much as TR/Dldr.ConHook.gen.

it's like as if the Windows Firewall isnt even holding any viruses back anymore, n it's on too.

how all this happened in the first place, long story short, my little bro Alex, who is 1 year younger then me, downloaded a video converter for his PSP to put movies n clips using AnyDVD to put on his PSP. The video converter *forgot name* is gone now, but it brought a ton of viruses n that is when all **** broke loose n even today, viruses keep pouring in this computer. Now matter how many times i run the anti virus programs i mentioned, they keep coming back, especially those 2 i mentioned in the beginning.

now, everytime multiple tabs r opened, computer freezes, n i have to log out or restart the computer just to get it working again, i do this for hours on end. If any of u can help me, plz do, because this isnt my computer, but is the only working computer in the house for everyone to share, i got problems with mine to deal with n finding a job as well. Right now, all i got is my Wii, thats it. Hope u guys can help me.

EDIT:

im just scanning only C:\WINDOWS\system32\ now with Avira, n i just found TR/Dldr.ConHook.gen. It has now moved to quarantine, but it still coming up, THIS IS REDICULOUS!!!!!

windows firewall stinks... get comodo firewall, its free for the full version............ vista compatible too :)

disable system restore? Now that sounds awkward, how do i disable it?

thats right, chances are good that if you have already deleted it using your AV its hidding in system restore.

to disable it: right click my computer under the start menu > then select properties > system restore tab > uncheck the box.

thats right, chances are good that if you have already deleted it using your AV its hidding in system restore.

to disable it: right click my computer under the start menu > then select properties > system restore tab > uncheck the box.

uhh...........system restore is turned off, but it's still coming back.

the viruses r driving me crazy.

EDIT:

ive never down a hijack this log before, what do i need to download to do this?

uhh...........system restore is turned off, but it's still coming back.

the viruses r driving me crazy.

EDIT:

ive never down a hijack this log before, what do i need to download to do this?

just download hijackthis! and copy and paste the log here on the forum... may take 2 posts tho...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom