Wireless Connection Sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I checked that, but the problem is the internet connection sharing box doesn't even appear on my computer. Could this simply be a matter of the hardware being incompatible, and that getting a new ethernet card might fix it?

would be able to tell
what is the ip address of your computer? and default gateway
how would you connect? through wireless router ?

you can check your IP address by

start/run
then at command prompt just type <ipconfig> press enter

I figured out the problem. My computer isn't recognizing the usb device as an actual networking device. Anyone know what to do about that? And thank you for your help.

i have the same problem. im guessing windows wont allow you to use internet sharing with a USB device because USB 2.0 might not have enough bandwidth for two computers using the internet. however it will work with a PCI card, and they arent too expensive. no more than £30 over ebay. buy yourself one of those. i wouldnt recommend a USB internet adapter to anyone.

Did it come with a driver disk? Make sure you follow the instructions that came with it. Many items such as that require you to load the drivers BEFORE you ever plug in the device. In this case you would have to unplug and uninstall before going anywhere else.

Did it come with a driver disk? Make sure you follow the instructions that came with it. Many items such as that require you to load the drivers BEFORE you ever plug in the device. In this case you would have to unplug and uninstall before going anywhere else.

i think you need driver disk as i have belkin's wireless usb port. if u dont have drives just download it from the hardware website.

You can always search drivers on DriverGuide.com (printer drivers, cdrom drivers, modem drivers, sound drivers, mouse drivers, monitor drivers, etc.) - DriverGuide.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom