Help - HTML form

Status
Not open for further replies.

iorgus

Solid State Member
Hi

I need a little help with something. I want to implement a contact form on my business web site and I need or a php script or a free form builde. If you have any suggestions please let me know...

Simple MAILTO uses default email client - Usually requires auth

Code:
<form method="POST" action="Mailto:YOUR-EMAIL">
		<p><input type="text" name="T1" size="20"></p>
		<p><input type="text" name="T2" size="20"></p>
		<p><input type="text" name="T3" size="20"> </p>
	<p><textarea rows="2" name="S1" cols="20"></textarea></p>
	<p><input type="submit" value="Submit" name="B1"></p>
</form>

, Tkey

Thank you for suggestions ( daca a raspuns cineva ). So far I found freedback and this free <a href="http://www.emailmeform.com">html form</a> builder which unlike freedback does not show any advertising in the free plan! ;-)

Simple MAILTO uses default email client - Usually requires auth

Code:
<form method="POST" action="Mailto:YOUR-EMAIL">
		<p><input type="text" name="T1" size="20"></p>
		<p><input type="text" name="T2" size="20"></p>
		<p><input type="text" name="T3" size="20"> </p>
	<p><textarea rows="2" name="S1" cols="20"></textarea></p>
	<p><input type="submit" value="Submit" name="B1"></p>
</form>

, Tkey

watch out for email harvesters

How do spammers harvest email addresses ?
3. From web pages.

Spammers have programs which spider through web pages, looking for email addresses, e.g. email addresses contained in mailto: HTML tags [those you can click on and get a mail window opened]

Some spammers even target their mail based on web pages. I've discovered a web page of mine appeared in Yahoo as some spammer harvested email addresses from each new page appearing in Yahoo and sent me a spam regarding that web page.

A widely used technique to fight this technique is the 'poison' CGI script. The script creates a page with several bogus email addresses and a link to itself. Spammers' software visiting the page would harvest the bogus email addresses and follow up the link, entering an infinite loop polluting their lists with bogus email addresses.

For more information about the poision script, see W P O I S O N

;) , i could of gone on but diddnt want to confuse the guy with php and javascript email scramblers ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom