Nokia Adding “Lightning Detector” To Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Nokia Adding “Lightning Detector” To Phones
Maybe I just don't get it, but what good is adding a lightning detector to a cell phone? I'm not trying to be funny but how fast would a lightning detector have to be to be any use to you?

The invention involves the use of radio frequency receivers in mobile phones, such as FM radio and GSM, to detect radio waves emitted by lightning. Typical lightning bolts produce frequencies between 10Hz and 5GHz. A special software program designed by Nokia analyzes the signals, calculates the distance to the lightning and informs users of imminent strikes.

Nokia to add lightning detector to mobile phone - Yahoo! News

peterhaung, i would guess run under a tree and hold an umbrella in one hand and a metal rod in the other, you are sure to survive. then after that you can follow the rainbow with the phones GPS and be rich.

Well...looks like it will be a nice lawsuit when someone does get struck, and going solely by the phone, it seems technology is taking over our instincts...if it's raining with thunder, shelter yourself...who needs a phone to tell them HEY YOUR ABOUT TO GET FRIED? lol....Nokia will find out the hard way I suppose with a billion dollar suit...ahh...just another uselss software program no one needs...whats another one going to hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom