Is this cheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShackledPhoenix

In Runtime
In Battlefield 2142 it automatically leads your shot by 100ms to make up for lag time between you and the server. It's possible to change this number by editing a config file.

It's been found adjusting this number to match your average ping enhances your hit recognition.

Your opinion is this cheating?

It gives you an advantage over other players that don't use the same tweak. In my opinion, that is pure cheating. Now you could counter my statement to say that it is just customization, but if you have to start editing the game's original files, I'm pretty sure the developers don't want you doing it.

awwwww cummon! its not CHEATING as such, just a slight modification....whats wrong with that? What if you had a pc with a faster connection time to teh server, same result. Is THAT cheating? having a better pc?

Well, I haven't done it, but the hit recognition can be so horrible at times I'm tempted to.

As for it cheating, my opinion is it's borderline but not really cheating, since I see it more as fixing the game than anything. It assumes A 100 ping and I play with a 20 on average, which actually creates an 80ms difference, so it's detrimental to me even...

And for that matter, if editing the files is cheating, does that make me a cheater I edited the config to a custom resolution of 1440x900 to fit my monitor?

I was curious what everyone's opinion is.

TweakGuides.com is where to find the guide to tweak the game.

A tweak is a tweak, not a hack. Unless Punkbuster dings it, it is alright.

I tend to play on different servers (BF2, but the same thing applies), so this wouldn't help me much.

Cheating, you have an atvantage over other players. It's like taking steroids in baseball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom