Soundblaster Live! 5.1 vs. P5W DH Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gah...I really don't want to take my comp apart again to install it lol. I'll go without sound I guess until I'm feeling less lazy :p

Well, I'll see if can notice a difference when I finally get it. The stupid PSU is out of stock and I've been waiting for weeks (ordered 27-feb-2007).
The ASUS onboard supports more features than my SB Live!, but I only care about regular stereo sound anyways.

So far, the good old Soundblaster sounds better. But I will have to do some more testing.

I installed the stupid Realtek manager software crap. I will re-install the onboard sound without it (if possible) and compare the two again.
It seems there is no way to disable the Realtek EQ/Dolby stuff. I just need stereo. I will use some lossless .WAV rips and my Sennheiser headphones and see if I can tell the difference.

I also have an old Highscreen card which sounds better than this Soundblaster. Wish I could still use it, but no ISA on this motherboard, and XP does't properly support ISA (Win2k used to work fine).

And so it should.

The size of it speaks for itself...that whole thing is dedicated to sound, against that crap little part on your Mobo.

And still it sounds way better, from my experience of comparing my SB Live card and new Gigabyte Mobo... well Gigabyte Sux...tehres no way near enough power in that thing to work my speakers properly, it kinda sounds like its drooling, thers no clarity, the high's uncrispy, the bass is windy and just yuck.

Then my SB Live card :D WOOT. This thing Pwnz, high's are ver crispy considering its a 10 quid card, The bass doesnt bottom out, it sounds how it should (The distortion is just down to Logitech when im plus 6 Notches on volume...).

Also, for some reasom i cant comprehend in my little brain... Its right next to my Grfx card, and without it in, it runs 3 Degrees C warmer. Im telling ya, this little cards a beauty in all aspects :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom