Logitech VX Revolution + Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeAudio = $80.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
instead of being so defensive you need to look at the whole situation. you didn't explain yourself throughly and clearly in the first place otherwise I wouldn't have commented.
How can it get any more clear than this?

"I just want a noticeable improvement over onboard audio, that's my only want/need. I don't need/want studio quality/audio engineer approved audio signal, just something that sounds better than what I currently have and won't break the bank."

reread the post. it looks like you are asking a question, then it looks like you are complaining when you don't get the answer that you want to hear even if it's the truth.
Wow bro, you're interpretation is a bit warped. Yes, I was asking a question, and he answered my question with the first two words of his response when he said "it is". I was not complaining about his suggestion not to get that card, if anything I was engaging him to tell me why I shouldn't get it. None of his reasons were compelling enough, or even relevant to my expectations of it, to get me to opt for the card that's no longer available from the manufacturers website.

Just go bose dude.
go bose instead of this mouse and sound card? Go smoke another bowl dude.

Wow!

That was my first reaction when I installed the X-Fi XtremeAudio card and listened to my music for the first time since. An absolute upgrade from onboard audio and has way more features than I'll ever need. I never knew music could sound so good on the computer. Having only known onboard sound ever since I first touched a computer about 20 years ago, this is just lovely. I think this $40 card was the perfect match for my $50 speakers and I'm very, very happy with the end result.

since you insist on keeping this dead post going.......

you didn't mention this until your 4th posts.

Actually, I do need to replace my onboard sound. Mine currently has some volume fluctuation as well as intermittently making me crank the volume all the way up before any sound comes out of my speakers. Once the sound comes on then I can turn it down like normal, only then sometimes it'll cut out.

this was the most important info for me and crysalis. we are not mind readers. we would have understood your issue, because despite what you think, that is from a dirty pot from your speakers or a bad sound card

instead you come on the thread looking like another smart alec teenager who knows everything, except on how to listen to people

now reread the post again if you don't understand why it was easy for us to come to this conclusion. I suspect that you didn't reread it the first time that I asked

I'm trying to let you see our side of view, but I can tell by your defensiveness that you won't see it and you will come back with something smart to say

you didn't mention this until your 4th posts.

I said this on my very first response to crysalis:

I just want a noticeable improvement over onboard audio, that's my only want/need. I don't need/want studio quality/audio engineer approved audio signal, just something that sounds better than what I currently have and won't break the bank.

So I guess me simply wanting to upgrade was not enough justification for you, I had to disclose the fact that I was having some technical difficulties. So how exactly did this become a "do I need to upgrade?" or "what sound card should I get?" thread? Neither one of those were my question, I just wanted to know if the items I decided upon were priced good enough to be considered a good deal.

this was the most important info for me and crysalis. we are not mind readers. we would have understood your issue, because despite what you think, that is from a dirty pot from your speakers or a bad sound card
I think you just uncovered the problem. Instead of listening to what I said in my very first response, as quoted above, which by the way would not require any mind reading on anyone's part, he ignored that and made a suggestion based on an assumption that I would want to expand. You then came in and offered nothing but your pompous attitude and didn't even know what you were talking about, except for when you stated that I didn't want advice. You're right, I didn't want advice, I simply asked if the asking price for the items I listed was a good one. I didn't ask for suggestions on what card or mouse to get, I just asked if the items I had decided on were being offered at a good price.

If I were asking for suggestions on what hardware to get, then you'd have a pot to **** in, but that was not the case here. I can't help it that you can't read and comprehend a simple question.

You then went on to say "by his own admission, he shouldn't replace the onboard sound card." How you can conclude that is beyond me considering the fact that I never said as much. For someone who's not a mind reader, you sure are trying really hard to play the part. It's a good thing you aren't paid based on your mind reading abilities. Furthermore, I'm not replacing any sound card, it's kind of hard to replace something that doesn't exist in the first place. I was replacing my ONBOARD sound, which is the audio stage that's built into the motherboard.

instead you come on the thread looking like another smart alec teenager who knows everything, except on how to listen to people
LOL. That's the pot calling the kettle black!

My very first reply in this thread clearly states my wants and needs as it relates to my audio upgrade, so why you would point out that I didn't mention the issues I was having with my onboard audio until my 4th post is beyond me. It's irrelevant because if you would have listened to that reply then all would have been summed up right then and there.

But you can twist and bend it into whatever you like, whatever makes you feel better, but it's right here in black and white for all to see. I would suggest that you spend a little more time reading and comprehending what's written in any thread you intend on replying to that way your responses will at least be relevant, unlike those you've made in this thread.

I was trying to be nice and help you understand where I was coming from, but since you want to go there, you are nothing but a pompous defensive jerk.

I said this on my very first response to crysalis

Actually, I do need to replace my onboard sound. Mine currently has some volume fluctuation as well as intermittently making me crank the volume all the way up before any sound comes out of my speakers. Once the sound comes on then I can turn it down like normal, only then sometimes it'll cut out.

you are too retarded to even go and check back. that was your 4th post, dumba_ss.

now let me explaaaainnnnn thiiiiiiissssss tooo your dumb defensive a_ss since you just don't get it.

me and crysalis know audio inside and out. we always will. you are just a comer and goer. you were contradicting everything that crysalis was saying when he was giving you the best advice. now if he or me (I would have helped, but you were being a jerk) had knew in advance that your system was broke, we could have gave our recommendations from there.

because despite what you think, just from the way you were talking, regular working onboard audio was fine for you (I'm not going to dig up and post your old comments in quotes. you go back and read them). you weren't upgrading for the right reasons like everybody else. everybody else will upgrade to a sound card because they want better sound. again, everybody else will upgrade to a sound card because they want better sound.

one more time
everybody else will upgrade to a sound card because they want better sound.

you wanted to upgrade because your audio system was broke. now crysalis gave you advice on the pretense that you wanted better audio sound because you didn't bother to mentioned the broken audio part until your fourth post and it was only mentioned then because I made a smart alec comment. we don't read minds so we could not have known that you were replacing a broke system.

I know that now you are on some "me too" bandwagon now that you got some outboard sound and can tell the difference. there an even bigger difference from crysalis advice

you are going to keep posting back and back to this thread, because you are stupid and don't listen. but I'm done with it. you won't ever get it because you don't know sh_it about audio and your defensiveness is obvious to everybody

The new releases of the X-fi suck hard, such as the XtremeAudio, XtremeGamer, etc and any others that recently came out. The only ones to consider are the XtremeMusic, Platinum, Fatal1ty FPS or Elite pro, which are all based around the same base model. The newer ones have a lot of cut backs in production and use cheaper and lower quality parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom