Look at what I found for 50 buck at a used computer store

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting! You gotta let me know how they sound. I have never cared for magnaplaner speakers, but I haven't really gotten a good taste of them.

P.S. Just ordered that HU... I hope its good. Well, I know it'll be better than my 17w (RMS) sony "make my speakers" xplod HU. I'm very interested to see how well it performs with the 110db SNR and the 4v outs. For like $200 more, I could have gotten 5v.

the midrange is tremendous. the upper treble is a little lacking (compared to ribbons). the review was right about it doesn't sound as good when you use the supplied volume cord as opposed to a straight cord

I think that I will put the speakers in my truck running at 750hz to 5000hz.

let me know how the kenwood sounds

thats what I thought. I have never heard an overall good sounding flat/magnaplaner speaker. Ever. They are always really strong in the mids, sometimes lacking in highs and never have any low response. I understand the low response because it takes a lot of movement to push a 25 foot wave cycle, but for the higher ones, a ribbon is much more efficient.

thats what I thought. I have never heard an overall good sounding flat/magnaplaner speaker. Ever. They are always really strong in the mids, sometimes lacking in highs and never have any low response. I understand the low response because it takes a lot of movement to push a 25 foot wave cycle, but for the higher ones, a ribbon is much more efficient.

you hit it dead on. the magnplaners that I bought before had a ribbon strip built close to the side for treble. I had a subwoofer for the bass. when I turn it up though, the sub would make the planers pop, so I took them back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom