zune in vista rc2

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Napster

In Runtime
i know people have gotten zune to work in windows vista, but I have tried all three ways and all have failed (MoDaCo, Andre de Cavaignac, and running it streight with xp cokmpatibility) I get the message "error occured please restart and try again" when i run zune setup and when i run zune.msi streight i get the message "setup has ended prematurely because of an error"

I dont know y it wont work on mine and it will on other peoples

Is there any alternative to put media on zune other than zune software? (i googled it and it said there isnt, but maybe someone knows something different)

I doubt that a Zune is made by Microsoft, and the XBOX is not made by Microsoft. Probably some Japanese maker like Creative for the MP3, and Sony for the XBOX.

Sony actually making something? Their OS's aren't even made by themselves...

Okay the Aune was fully made by M$. That is why is doesnt work with Vista as of right now. Considering Vista isnt released and wont be for a month i dont think that gives them too much of a problem getting it to work.

Zune is made by many 3rd party companies right now. M$ didnt fully develop the Zune themselves and therefor cant be held accountable as to why it dont work on Vista jsut yet.

When Zune hits its 2.0 stages it will be fully made by M$ and then you can complain all you want.

Also are you sure that you are running the same version of Vista that they are? I am running the RTM build 6.0.6000.16386 and even i cant get it to install even under compatability.

There isnt any alternative yet to putting music on Zune except thru the Zune software. So maybe installing XP will be your only choice. Considering that RC2 will no longer be able to be used after 5/31/2007 that istn such a bad option.

@TallDude-
Nice to have you back with us.

Yeah, I have xp mce in dual boot so i can get to it when I want. I have the zune software setup under xp and thats how I update my zune as of right now. I use vista all the time so I was just wanting to get it to work in vista as im not in xp very much anymore and dont like to switch back and forth just to update my zune. I'm probally not gonna get rid of xp until vista is well into its 2nd or even 3rd year.

Most all the ones I have seen that work were vista Rc1. I have Rc2 so thats probally why im having problems, but I have seem some that claim to be in Rc2. I'm not blaming microsoft for this but it is a little weird that it is microsoft's product and they didnt make it have compatibility with theyre next major OS which is in RTM right now.

talldude123 said:
I doubt that a Zune is made by Microsoft, and the XBOX is not made by Microsoft. Probably some Japanese maker like Creative for the MP3, and Sony for the XBOX.

Sony actually making something? Their OS's aren't even made by themselves...

Welcome back.

It doesn't matter who actually manufactures the Zune or the Xbox360, but they are products designed by Microsoft. That, and the MP3 player should just be USB mass storage so it will work on any OS. I see no reason why they should complicate simple things like transferring data to an external harddrive. :rolleyes:

Stupid Microsoft... :mad:

Actually M$ didnt design the Zune. They are just the financial backers of it. The Zune 2.0 or whatever the next version will be will be totally done by M$. Right now they are getting into the new market and had to have someone else do all the legwork for them. :p

I know that by the time Vista hits the markets in Jan that the Zune software shoud be updated enough to run on it. As of right now it isnt updated to run on the Betas. It doent run on the RTM either since that is what i run. Which is alright. For now. But by Jan they should have it updated.

Makaveli213 said:
@TallDude-
Nice to have you back with us.

The General said:
Welcome back.

Thanks. I was bored without TF...I was mostly just surfing other forums. But non are as lively as TF.

Also, don't expect me to be showing up in Off Topic for about four-months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom