Zune Software Install Problem

sPlAtOiD

Fully Optimized
I have read all over the web for this and See no help on this issue. Zune software would not open when I got home this weekend.
So I uninstalled it and downloaded the latest version.
BUT it wont install. It checks the Microsoft site and see that my software is already up to date even though its not on my computer.
So the things I tried are as follows....
I ran a REG cleaner CC cleaner to be exact. A few times.
I did a search and deleted all files I could find lingering.
I tried in safe mode only to run into network cant connect to Microsoft web site.
I went into Registry and removed all things relating to Zune. After making a Registry backup.
I tried to extract the Zune self extracting file to get to the files inside the archive with no luck.
I let the update run to extract the files and went to the folder where the temp files were stored and tried from there.
So other than just installing my software on another computer I'm out of ideas.
Thought I would see if there are any fixes that someone here has heard of.
Thanks

Well I guess I jumped the gun asking for help. I got it sorted out. In case anyone else runes into this ill let you all know what I had to do. I went to the Microsoft support forum again and dug a little deeper and what I found was a little program called Microsoft Fix It505 I ran it and it said removing zune something I couldn't see what it removed cause it was so quick and then it opened the link for the newest zune software to download. I already had the new software on my computer so I shut the link and ran the setup and it installed without a hitch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom