Zune problems, slash conflict with Ultra TV - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 01-02-2008, 11:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Zune problems, slash conflict with Ultra TV

Yeah as the title reads, my zune is "Encountered a problem and needs to close, sorry for the inconvenience." That message comes up right after the installation. Also i did manage to get it working once but the one time it did work, it was causing conflict with my Ultra TV USB. The audio for the tv was still there , but the video was gone.

And it is to my understanding that the zune can play/record TV so i'm guessing the Zune is sucking up all the input of my tv.

Anyways i'm just wondering why my zune is encountering so many problems.

P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong area for this question, it was hard to chose between this and hardware.

Old 01-03-2008, 02:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
Default Re: Zune problems, slash conflict with Ultra TV

Have you tried to disable the TV Tuner and run the Zune applicaiton? It sounds as if the 2 are incompatible.

I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 01-03-2008, 03:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Re: Zune problems, slash conflict with Ultra TV

Well i did get it to work. But heres how i got it fixed.

When i first got the zune (yesterday) i plugged it in for recharge put the cd in and installed the software. Everything went easy and smooth no problems. Until i discovered my Ultratv USB VIDEO wasn't working but the audio was fine. And so i decided to do a system restore before i had installed everything. When i tried installing zune software thats when i got the error. Now its to my understanding that when i did the system restore it might have caused an error or problem with the zune making it uninstallable or un-un-installable either.

After hours of reinstalling try new things i decided what the heck i'll give it a go tomorrow. I unplugged my Zune and started browsing around in it, checking out the features etc.

Then subsequently i decided to try the Ultra TV USB again for no reason in particular, and IT WORKED. Thats when everything fell into place.

My Zune can use tv ( not exactly sure how) and i think it was sucking out the video from my Ultra tv into it.

So short version. Unplug Zune before using TV and solved.

Edit : By any chance does anyone know where to download video codecs fr "windows movie maker" i'm trying to convert a video by opening it with windows movie maker and saving it as .wmv but i dont have the proper codecs for windows movie maker. Any links would be appreciated.
Closed Thread