zonealarm vs dinovo conflict - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 12:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default zonealarm vs dinovo conflict

Hi all. Was hoping for some help. I just reinstalled my Logitech DiNovo keboard/mouse. Then, reinstalled Zonealarm Security Suite. Apparently a bad combo. When windows starts up, I am immediately greeted with a zonealarm halt-all alarm that Logitech Event Manager is trying to monitor keystrokes etc etc. In order to continue forward, I need to click allow or deny. However, I cannot click anything because zonealarm has stopped all logitech functions until I click something!
So, my mouse/keyboard do not function and I am unable to close zonealarm or anything else.

I thought about starting in safe mode, but cannot hit F8 or restart via windows in order to do so.

I do not have another keyboard/mouse that I could use. Is there any other way around this problem? Any advice?

Old 09-09-2006, 12:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Send a message via AIM to killux
Default Re: zonealarm vs dinovo conflict

My First Question is how did you post this if your keyboard is disabled?

Quote:
Originally posted by hellfire

I thought about starting in safe mode, but cannot hit F8 or restart via windows in order to do so.
You can start restart in Safe Mode. You dont have to press the restart button on Windows to turn of the PC, you can just press the power button on your desktop! And you can boot in Safe Mode because Zonealarms will load after you have the option to go into safe mode! You keyboard shouldnt be disabled if Zone Alarms isnt running.

Old 09-09-2006, 02:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to jcortes

i dont see why you wouldnt be able to press the f8 key at that point all the basic core files are loading so it hasnt even loaded zone alarm. press f8 when you boot then get into safemode and then start zone alarm. since you are in safemode it will not load the keyboard application that goes with the drivers it will load just the basic driver then go into program settings and set it to allow the process it is blocking and then reboot. if all else fails just borrow a keyboard from some one.

AIM = jcortestechhelp
Old 09-09-2006, 02:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: Re: zonealarm vs dinovo conflict

Quote:
Originally posted by killux
My First Question is how did you post this if your keyboard is disabled?
On my laptop.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by jcortes
i dont see why you wouldnt be able to press the f8 key at that point all the basic core files are loading so it hasnt even loaded zone alarm. press f8 when you boot then get into safemode and then start zone alarm. since you are in safemode it will not load the keyboard application that goes with the drivers it will load just the basic driver then go into program settings and set it to allow the process it is blocking and then reboot. if all else fails just borrow a keyboard from some one.
Thanks Jcortes. I was able to get into safemode and get it working.
Closed Thread