Zone Alarm Known Issues Do You Have One Of Them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcortes

Fully Optimized
hey guys i was having some problems with zone alarm and just decided to remove it and wanted to fill you in on some things that started working after uninstalling it. let me know if any of you have some of these problems

1. startup was extremely slow and would hang at the welcome screen for quite some time before loading the desktop (uninstall fixed that)

2. trillian would constantly disconnect after the person would message me back i would get a message saying you have been disconnected and then it would reconnect a second later. (uninstall fixed that)

3. Counter-strike source running on my 7900GT would have really high ping around 54ms where as my old 6800 would get 0 ms after uninstalling zone alarm this issue is now gone and i get double the fps and 0ms. couldnt get css running any smoother.

* possible sticky though i dont thing this is that improtant we will see how many people respond *

I dont have any issues with Zone Alarm.

My startup was slowed down by about 5 seconds. that was after the install and setup.

I did have a issue with Windows Live Messenger but it was a problem with the application not ZA.

I dont have any problems with CS:S. I connect to server close to me with almost no ping while i connect to servers in the UK with high ping but no lag. I think this issue has to do with your drivers more than ZA.

Overall my experience with ZA has been nothing but pleasure. Are you sure your Anti-Virus or something else isnt causing the conflict with the startup? how many apps do you have load at boot?

Trillian i dont know. Dont use it. tried it once and hated it.

CS:S has to be more of a driver issue than anything. Some of the nVidia drivers have been glitchy at best.

I actually have the entire ZoneLabs Sec Suite installed. I have had no probs like you are having.

The worst thing that I have had happen (which I have had happen with other sec suites) is if I load a game which uses an internet connection, and I haven't already set permissions for that program in ZA. The game will often hang upon startup, because ZA stopped it from accessing the net, and I couldn't go back to desktop to click "Allow" for ZA.

its not a problem with my system if it was how can you explain it magicaly working after the uninstall of za lol also when i was talking about the css thing i was refering to people with the 7900 GT some one else had this problem.

hmm... i dont get any problems either.. but i will admit that i did notice the startup to slow, after i installed it

But if i do run into problems with games.. i just switch it to game mode and it works fine

I know that alot of people with the 7900GT are having issues with CS:S. As i haev said it is a driver issue. Which would affect everyone with a 7900GT that is using those drivers. ;)

For this i would only use the Drivers that are currently out. If those are the ones causing the issues try one of the beta drivers.

i havent changed the drivers just unisntalled ZA and it now works great now so its not a driver issue.

I had that problem with f-secure Elbatrop1, a good way to get around it is to hold alt+cntl+del then find your firewall using the keyboard then press alt over the filewall go down to bring to frount and you can allow access using the keyboard from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom