Zone Alarm Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthraX

Daemon Poster
I recently uninstalled Zone Alarm because it was giving me a problem and now I was about to install it again. Now everytime I try and run the Zone Alarm installer I get this message:

"Setup is unable to log into the TrueVector service. Install cannot continue without logging onto the TrueVector service.

Please use the service manager to shut down the TrueVector service and then restart teh installer program."

It actually says "teh installer program"? They must have a script kiddie for a programmer. :)

But seriously, try looking through your list of running applications, and if you find a weird program, try looking it up in the Process Library (http://www.processlibrary.com/), that might be the program in question. Then I'd assume trying to shut it down manually and running the installer again.

go to gpedit.msc or services.msc from the run box. it's in one of those. disable it temporary and try it. you should have uninstalled the true vector part of ZA when you uninstalled it.

Well, right now I'm on my laptop at work, so I can't check it. But I did check msconfig and services.msc last night, and I couldn't find anything. I didn't do what Spork 2.0 said in his first post, so I'll try that and get back to you guys later tonight. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom