Zone Alarm causing slow startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcortes

Fully Optimized
ok guys as some of you may know i have been trying to fix my computer the past few days because it would be extremely slow at startup even after i formatted it 3 different times each time installing zone alarm to protect my computer never thinking that it could be the problem however on the fourth format i found that it was. and confirmed it by uninstalling zone alarm and re installing it which improved the startup speed. it never did this before does anyone know what could be causing the slow startup

Your computer would literally stay at the login screen for a couple of minute before it loads the desktop? Slow like that or slow loading all the computer program listed in the tray icon? I would suspect that the settings on ZA are too high, therefore probably causing a lot of program not to have legitimate access. What version of ZA is this? If this is the one that comes with spyware protection and anti-virus protection than that's probably one of the reason for slow startup.

Law said:
Your computer would literally stay at the login screen for a couple of minute before it loads the desktop? Slow like that or slow loading all the computer program listed in the tray icon? I would suspect that the settings on ZA are too high, therefore probably causing a lot of program not to have legitimate access. What version of ZA is this? If this is the one that comes with spyware protection and anti-virus protection than that's probably one of the reason for slow startup.

yes it stays at the welcome screen forever and this is security suite 6.5.722.000 so it does have the anti virus and spyware. the problem with this theory is before i formatted it wasnt this slow im thinking that it could be this particular version of zone alarm cant find anyone with this problem though.

EDIT: also Eric's suggestion i tried but ZA when it was installed automaticaly disabled it.

thanks but it just decided to start working for sum dumb reason lol no more slow startups for me :) i'll have to check out that program tho thanx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom