Zone Alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobelias

Beta member
Hello,

I am have ISA Server and installed Zone Alarm in the same server.
However my firewall client is not working and lot pop ups keep coming. How can I slove this issue?

Regards,

Jc

Hola Jacob,

the problem that you state requires more information to be provided before being able to give you a good answer.

Is the ISA server a Proxy?
Is the ISA server being used as a workstation?
Is your ISA install on a Windows 2000 server or 2003?
Are all updates on the machine?
How have you configured Zone Alarm to respond?
Do you want Zone Alarm to stop PopUps on the ISA Server or those that use it as a Proxy to the Internet?
What operating systems are we dealing with?
How many machines?

A little more information will provide a better understanding to the issue,,

look forward to the reply

cheers,

1) ISA Server is installed on the Server as proxy and in all client machines firewall client(that is it's connected to ISA, you must be knowing) in order to work outlook express.

2) when I installed Zone Alarm, I accepted all default settings.
3) After installing Zone Alarm, pop keeps coming, so I need to stop that as well.
4) Server is Windows 2000 and 4 client machines which has windows 2000 Professional and Windows XP Professional
and XP Home Edition as well.

Thanks and looking forward to hear from you.

Jac

Hmmm...

My question would be ,, why did you install the zone alarm on the server with the proxy? The proxy should be enough to stop outsiders coming in,,

If you are using zone alarm to stop people from sending SPAM,, then I do not think that is the right product,, you need an email filter,, "efilter"

The pop ups will come as you have to "train" zone alarm what attempted connections are OK ,, and what ones need to be blocked,, this is the only initial pain in the butt about the product,,

Plus,, it interferes with PC anywhere connections,, possibly VPN's etc,,

I guess,, now having some extra info,, i would ask,, What do you want it to do?

If you have the Firewall enabled in XP , plus have the Zone alarm running,, it becomes even a bit more troublesome to configure.

Zone Alarm in the default settings should block EVERYTHING,, until you train it as to what to let through,,

cheers,

ISA Server will not detect intruders, for that I need a firewall
software like Zone Alarm, correct? Excuse me for my ignorance.

LOoking forward to hear from you.

Jc

ISA Servers do detect intruders. Take a look at the log files it created.

Pts to know for ISA Servers:

1. Presence of two network cards for ISA Servers otherwise IP filtering will generate WPAD errors.

2. In ISA Servers, you can enable the IP fragments filtering but by default, its disable.

Zone Alarm may have conflicting issues with ISA Servers. Uninstall it is the best resolutions. Your case is an issue of software and setting conflicts. For more info, visit www.technet.com for assistance.

Also, ISA runs in 3 modes, so you got to know whh mode you are using. Btw, ur ISA is enterprise edition or standard edition?

I learnt my ISA issues by troubleshooting it... Sometimes, i really feel like strangling the MS publishers coz they did nothing to help for troubleshooting... Technet is full of information and is time consuming to sort out the details... *lol*

For end user firewall, i still prefer McAfee Firewall. Its comprehensive, easy to use (req basic networking knowledge) and good preventions for possible hacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom