zone alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used it once upon a time, and it was good, but it takes ALOT of tweaking to make it work like you want it to.

I currently use BlackICE Defender and Norton Personal Firewall... used to use ZA with my cable connection, but at times, my connection would always get hosed, regardless of the settings, and it would only return to normal upon disabling ZA.

Zone alarm blocked my FTP ports, My remote console connections, peer sharing, etc,,

was a nightmare to tweak out as stated above,, I ended up putting that one in the round filing cabinet,,

like GUY,, router does the trick,,,

Ive used at least four versions of zone alarm. I think its a good firewall.And as far as tweaking it couldnt be much easer.Later

ZoneAlarm

ZoneAlarm is a great personal firewall. And the good news (as you know) is the vanilla version is free.

If you are connected to the Internet via cable modem or DSL, and you don't have a personal firewall running, you are at risk.

The only slight negative to ZA is that there is some overhead to it. But I don't think it's all that noticeable.

BAH, I hate that program, like so many people have said, its a pain in the arse. Now my router is where its @...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom