Zipped Document?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spunky Girl

Solid State Member
I have someone who is trying to send a .docx file using a Mac. Okay. She is using the newest software to save the document in whatever program she is using. When she attaches this document, it appears to be in a Zipped folder. I am using Windows XP and I want to know why it does not appear to be .docx (the file she is saving it as). Does anyone know why it appears to be File (type) instead of Word? This is one document she is sending me, not multiple documents.

How could she upzip this document before she sends it to me?
I do not know Macs so I am lost.

We are not allowed to do that. It is the student's responsibility to attach the file successfully. I work at a College and the professor would like the student to fix this problem on her end. It is a hassle for the professor to download the file and unzip it.

Have the student try different email programs or an online account like gmail.

Have then send it to a friend with a pc running xp until they figure it out.

Well from my understanding, it seems the software automatically zips the file before sending. She can do the following:

1. Look through the options of the software, checking to see if she can disable this feature.
2. Use a different software altogether.

Have this been an issue with any others? Only this single student uses Mac? Also can she send the file to an XP user which in turn can upload it using Blackboard (I'm not familiar with the software, don't know it's limitations).

She is the only student that uses a Mac. She has to actually send it because it is in her account. I asked someone at work and they said that she has to manually change the extension in order for it to be fixed.

Ah ok, well hope that fixes the problem. Still not sure why it automatically switches to ZIP though. Have to look into it further, may be it's just a Mac problem but it not suppose to be an issue if the software is supposed to work on Mac.

Okay what is the file format that it is being received in??? You only say that it is not the .docx format that you are expecting. That doesnt help us help you.

The .docx format is only in use in Office 2007 and Office 2008 for Mac. Is she using that? Or is she using Open Office and a extension to support the .docx format?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom