Zip file help??

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dogger

Beta member
Ok I'm a major newb,

But anyway, I need to know how to save to a zip file and send a zip file and open a zip. any basic info would be great!! I use windows 2000 if thats important or not. Thanks in advance

The Dogger said:
Ok I'm a major newb,

But anyway, I need to know how to save to a zip file and send a zip file and open a zip. any basic info would be great!! I use windows 2000 if thats important or not. Thanks in advance

Click here for WinZip

It's all you need and it's free!!

Dogger,

You can download the "Trial" version and you can use it as long as you want. It will do most of what you need, zip, unzip etc. and like Erstad said.. its free (Unless you want the full deal then its $29)

What exactly can you do with the full version that you can't do with the trial? Or is the biggest benefit that you don't have to put up with that freakin evaluation window when you open the trial version?

Taz202 said:
What exactly can you do with the full version that you can't do with the trial? Or is the biggest benefit that you don't have to put up with that freakin evaluation window when you open the trial version?

(from website)
Features available in WinZip Self-Extractor 2.2 that are not available in the Personal Edition include:

Features to automate and customize software installation, such as the ability to specify an icon and text for the main self-extractor dialog box, and to delete temporary files after running a setup program. It includes support for the InstallShield 3.0 SETUP program.

Ability to run a command when the unzip operation completes.

Self-extracting files can be created from the command line.

All versions can be created with English or German messages.

Ability to automatically extract files when the EXE file is run.

A Wizard to simplify the process of building self-extracting files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom