Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart

Abdul k

Beta member
Hi guys i have a laptop and its pretty new and overheats alot which is usual for my laptop. I wanted to upgrade to Windows 8.1 so i did but when my laptop overheats this message comes up. ANYONE know what to do? This is the 3rd time upgrading to win8.1 and automatic repair isnt helping. I dont have a recovery partition either:mad: Should i just go back to win7? Though win7 takes up alot of cpu usage.

I would suggest fixing the overheating issue... Have you cleaned out the vents and fans?

Would also suggest replacing the thermal paste on the CPU and/or GPU.

Well from how you described it, the "Windows problem" is due to your laptop overheating.

Would also suggest getting a cooling pad.

The "Windows problem" sounds like a Blue Screen and not overheating. Do you see a message when you FIRST turn it back on saying something about a thermal shutdown? How do you know it's overheating?

your-pc-ran-into-a-problem-and-needs-to-restart.jpg

This is the error he is talking about and it can be due to a wide number of issues. I had an issue on a hybrid tablet recently where it was crashing to this and it was caused by a Chrome appcrash.

OP: What does the text say at the bottom of the error? Its usually an exception code of some sort that you can use to find the source of the problem. (like in this example it says INITILIZATION FAILED)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom