Yet another reason to love Norton

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitaloracle

Daemon Poster
A few minutes ago, I was browsing the PS2 site and started recieving intrusion alerts from an IP that does not exist! (0.0.0.0). I thought it was milidly amusing. Anyone else have any stories to share about similar incidents? Oh, just remembered, a while aog norton also thought that my own machine was attacking itself. I am sure there is a good explanation, but it remains funny.

Norton was unable to clean off most of the viruses on my lappy.
However, AVG got them all.

Norton required all these programs to be automatically started up when I logged in. I ran the continual virus checks every night, never finding a single thing. I did all the updates.

Needless to say, it ate up quite a bit of processing power on my computer.

Never had one virus.

I uninstalled it. It's been 3 months, and I still don't have a single virus.

The only time it ever found a virus was when I installed it right after I reinstalled XP. Funny really, the computer had just been reinstalled (this was the first bootup) and it wasn't connected to the Internet. I hadn't copied any files over from my backup yet either.

CntdwnToExtn said:
i took off norton because it hated zone alarm..computer woudnl't start with both installed

What version on Norton did you have and what version of ZA did you have and what happened with thr 2 installed? Because. Im running both right now with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom