Yet another Mozilla question!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MistyMina

Baseband Member
I recently downloaded Mozilla and have found it excellent! It's fast, reliable etc.
But on certain websites, it fails to load page headers. Altho this isn't a matter of life and death, simply something superficial, I was just wondering if anyone could explain why it happens?

Is it something to do with the sites themselves, or is it simply a Mozilla problem? I never get the problem with IE!

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanx

xxxxxxx
Mina

thats because it was probably using ms java and firefox wont read it. firefox doesn't support ms java vm and also doesn't support VBScript.

Ah, so it's the sites problem! That's ok then!!! ;) I can live with that!!! hehe

Thanx hun!

xxxxxx
Mina

Urm, you can probably guess I know nothing about Java n all that jazz, but I checked with the owner of one of the sites I'm having problems with....he says it's all in php? *is non-plussed* lol

I did question him about the Mozilla thing before I joined TF, but he couldn't give me any answers (his site is actually another tech forum, so that gives me a lot of faith in his abilities!!! lol)

But if the entire site is php, how come only the headers won't load.....the rest of the site loads fine?!

I'm probably making myself look a fool by asking these questions, but what the hey, you don't learn anything if you don't ask!!!! :confused:
lol

xxxxxxxxx
Mina

nah, u wont look like an idiot at all. anyhow, I'm running mozilla firefox here at work, give me an example of a website and let me see what happens. If its things like advertisment banners, etc, may be the reason. May need a plug in or something. you could try mozPHP

Aaaw, thanx!!! ;)

See what you get with pctechforums

This is what I get......

0a235_pctech2.jpg

I didn't get very far with this problem in pctechforums, which is why I joined TF! So glad I did!!

Thanx for checking this out! Much appreciated!!! :)

xxxxxxx
Mina

yeah, it looks like an advertisment to me. If thats the case, the guy who does the site doesn't have much say. It may be written in VBScript or something. Mozilla has a prob with it. Oh damn, think I got a PM from someone about this post I made. I swear some people have no sense of humor. The post is "why am I so cool/great", and I even said I was kidding. Heh, this will be fun.

I take it if they PM'd you, what they had to say wasn't appropriate for the boards!!!! :amazed: lol

xxxxxx
Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom