Xvid Mpeg-4 (xvid)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lockdown2021

Solid State Member
I saw the other post, but that guy seems to have a different problem than me and I didn't want to dump on his thread.

Anyways, I have a file that tells me I need to install XVID MPEG-4 (XVID). So I installed the latest version. I go to see if the video will play, and it says "error downloading codec". Weirdly enough, after it says this in the little progress bar thing, the movie plays....but without sound.... :confused:

it is a dvd rip my friend gave to me on a thumb drive - divx you say?
which website? i got it from like wmpluggins.com or somthing - microsoft. com directed me there
/intrigued :p

well I already have all that installed now. But what does unchecking that do? Because unless it came unchecked I didnt do it.

Also, a little update. I installed divx, and tried playing the movied and it told me to get directshow decoder bacause the file contains a dolby audio file or somthing - now my question is, if I burn this file to a dvd will it play in dvd player? is it just because my comp isnt ready? or will it not work on the dvd player unless i fix it on here first?

Either way I still want to make it play on here haha

//edit

hey man btw thanks for all the help i really appreciate it alot.

ok so should i reinstall xvid and un-check that?

Do you think it will make a difference? because the problem is with the audio - if the problem is with the audio wouldn't you think it would play on dvd if i used a burning software?

If not - what else can I do if reinstalling xvid and un-checking it doesn't help?

/edit
uninstalled and reinstalled with that box unchecked -
windows media is doing the same and xvid is giving me this error message,
11111111111111111111111111111111111.jpg

Have you tried installing any codec packs. Google for KLite or CCCP. They are both good to use. AC3Filter is also a good one. Maybe that will solve you problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom