XP2 can't open email attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahmir

Beta member
hello,

I have a huge problem,I installed xp2 and now when I try to open any attachment,it say's it can't,and will not!I have tried everything I could think of,Ichecked the option off not to allow attachments,but I always get the same message can't open file,for my saftey.

Please if anybody knows how to shut this attachment Security center off, please help me shut the Security center off and put it back on,I really need these atttachments for work,and they are virus free,Microsoft should have a on/off feature that I don't know of?

Thanks in advance for any help

What email software are you using?
If using outlook express go Tools > options > Security, and then uncheck the 'Block images and other external content in HTML e-mail'

Service pack 2 changed everyones security options to what could only be described as 'paranoid' and then you have to go back and put them back to what you want. Hopefully you are not an IE user otherwise you'll have hours of fun changing those options back to how you want them.

found it!

I did try a few things but nothing doing,I uninstalled security center(disabled),and it's other files it needs to operate,and I was getting the same message for your saftey this file will not open,something to that effect!So I checked every program,and it was Safe XP software running in the background,why it turned on today?,beats me!But the next person who has this problem we know what to tell the person,my error!Forgot all about safe xp,just hiding,there's nothing in c:program files,it was hidden in a folder within a folder,lost it!

Thanks for your help and time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom