Xp x64 wont start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

fej180

Beta member
I just installed Windows XP 64bit edition about a week and a half ago, and it has been working perfectly. I just got some new parts, 2 case fans a PCI fan, and a hard drive fan. After installing them, I forgot to plug the hard drive cables back in, and when I started windows it didnÂ’t work right. So I plugged them back in and Windows started fine.

I turned the computer off for a little while, and came back later, now Windows won’t start. It reads, “Windows could not start because the following file is missing:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM. You can attempt to repair this file by Starting Windows Setup using the original Setup CD-ROM. Select ‘r’ at the first screen to start repair.

So what I did was…got my Windows XP Pro x64 and put it in, went to Windows Startup, and ‘r’ is not an option. My 2 options, before it starts reinstalling windows are…. Press F6 if installing a third party SCSI or RAID driver, and press F2 to start Windows Automated System Recovery. So I pressed F2, and it says I need to insert the floppy called Windows Automated System Recovery Disk in the floppy drive then it will continue. I don’t have a floppy called that, because the only way to get this version of windows is to download it from the Microsoft website, and you don’t get anything. So I don’t know what to do, the only thing I could think of doing, is throwing that file onto the computer over a network, but (1) I can’t get into the Windows folder over the network, and (2) I have Windows XP Home on this computer and don’t know if the file is different the XP PRO x64. So I don’t think I can or want to do that. Anyway, I don’t know what to do, I could re-install windows, but I don’t really want to do that again. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

ve tried using the repair to copy my lost ntldr file back to where tis supposed to be, its a right pain, all u can do is format and do again sry dude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom