XP x64 on RAID 0 - Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustsatz

Beta member
I am either getting stuck on XP not recognizing my hard drives and/or the mass storage option won't recognize my RAID drivers. I have downloaded the most current drivers (everything that is available) associated with my board (EP45-UD3R V1) from Gigabyte. I changed the BIOS to RAID and then created my array [2 Seagate 320GB SATA (ST3320620AS)]. I've used nLite to slipstream XP x64 SP2 and all of my boards drivers that were available. It is not finding these drivers during installation because it is asking for the drivers via a floppy drive... which I don't have.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

For XP X64 you will need to make sure the drivers in use are compatible with Server 2003 as that is what XP X64 is built off of. Using the regular XP drivers may not work as XP X64 is not built off of the same code.

I specified XP x64 when I downloaded the pre-install RAID/SATA drivers from Gigabytes site.

I've done just what you guys have suggested but I still have the same problem. What else could I be doing wrong?

Did you put them on a USB thumb Drive and hit F6 before Windows started to load? Right when you first see the blue screen that looks almost like a blue DOS screen the option at the bottom says "Hit F6 to install 3rd party drivers". That is the option you want to get the drivers working.

You may also be able to use nlite and create a slipstreamed version of XP X64 with the drivers already included in the installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom