XP: Wallpapers not in list

Status
Not open for further replies.
just checking...are you sure there is only 1 copy of the image? Could be you "set as wallpaper" a copy of that image from some other location.

just checking...are you sure there is only 1 copy of the image? Could be you "set as wallpaper" a copy of that image from some other location.

I did "Set as wallpaper" on *that* copy of the image. But even still, Windows looks in C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpapers\ when generating that list of wallpapers, so it should see them regardless.

I tried moving the images to just C:\WINDOWS\, but they still don't show up. However, putting a *.bmp image in C:\WINDOWS\ makes it show up just fine in the Desktop background list. I'm confused. Doing exactly what I am doing works fine on my desktop, but for some reason refuses to work on this laptop.

yeah...theoretically it should work like that :) I forget but sometimes certain things make it behave like an app that remembers it's last position. So let's say I had c:\temppics and do from there...it might open up desktops looking in there next time and ignore where it originals are at.

That might be a random bug though I am thinking of.

OH....I think there are certain "formats" of jpegs too that are seen or not seen. I think if you open up and resave as jpg...windows might see them normally. Just make sure to choose the correct jpg extension.

Fixed it, got my list of wallapers lol.

Had to go into Group Policy Editor, User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Desktop > Active Desktop > 'Enable Active Desktop' to allow JPEG wallpapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom