Xp Vs. Hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speed

Beta member
I have been working for two days trying to get my computer hardware to work with XP. I lost my digital camera, joystick, and my all in one HP 380. I can't live without the latter. After looking everywhere for a patch I gave up. MS suggested that I load a generic printer driver but the scanner would never work. I then uninstalled XP and went back to ME. The 380 still would not work so I downloaded the 15 meg driver from HP and tried to reinstall. The prompt says that the 380 is still installed to run uninstall, which I have done several times. the same window comes up stating that it is still in there and refuses to install or reinstall. I need all the help I can get. What happened, did HP refuse to pay off MS to get their scanners working? Whats the deal

Speed

Clean off the remains in the registry. You can access it from the run command and type in msconfig. Be warn that if you make a mistake of deleting the wrong key, your computer will not function properly. And there's always the option of formatting.

Use a tool such as RegCleaner to help ease it up, though you still have to be kinda careful at what you are modifying/deleting.

Get a second hdd.. Copy the nessarcarys to the second one...
format the C: and install XP.. I have a Input/Output problem with my compaq.. Yet it only appears in Windows NT based systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom