XP? Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD6415

In Runtime
I am thinking about getting Vista but I am not totally sure yet so I am just looking for your guys opinions. I am really big into gaming will XP games work on Vista? just want a few opinions and if you could answer my question thanks.

xp games will work on vista but as shown on toms hardware the games will run slower some games (i think it was unreal tournament) had their fps rate cut in HALF, so if i were you i would probably wait until theyve sorted it out better or a new directx10 game comes out(youll need a directx 10 video card too tho..)

ok so this might be a dumb question what about having 2 OS on one hard drive? or having one hard drive with XP and another with Vista is there any way to do that? or no

AMD6415 said:
ok so this might be a dumb question what about having 2 OS on one hard drive? or having one hard drive with XP and another with Vista is there any way to do that? or no

As the poster above commented, it's called dual booting.

Basically, you split your hard drive in two independent parts called 'partitions'. You can then install different OSs in these partitions. You also install a "boot loader", a small program that lets you select which OS you want to boot into.

ok i found a whole bunch on doing it with one hard drive but what about doing it on 2 hard drives? I can't find anything on that. Can you do it that way? if you can could you let me know the basics for doing it that way that would be great. I would do it with the one hard drive but I don't have enough room on it. thanks

You can either partition your current hard drive with PartitionMagic, or install a new hard drive as a slave, and Install Vista on that.

That's a nice find, Talldude. I'm sure AMD6415 will find it helpful.

About doing a dual-boot with two hard drives, it's pretty much the same thing. You just make the "Vista partition" on the second drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom