XP users love Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol im with mak on this one, i was running vista perfectly fine on my eepc only reason i took it off is because startup took too long, specs:

celeron @ 600mhz
512mb ddr 667
4gb harddrive
integrated intel graphics

lol el roberto... i don't believe that

win xp ran like dog doo with a similar system i had.. pentium 3 700mhz... i can hardly run windows media player aim and internet explorer all together

Yup it did run on it, i have no proof becuase i had to selll the eee to pay for my 9800gtx but i got the idea from the guys on this forum,EeeUser ASUS Eee PC Forum / 333PC's Final Vista Guide(10 Second Boot, Tweaks , and more), i used vlite to make it small enough to fit then installed from a 2gig mem stick, i never managed to do all the tweaks so thats probly why bootup took so long but once it was up and running i had no problems, the most i could do with it was have internet explorer, windows media player and (surprisingly) photoshop cs2 open at the same time (photoshop takes a while to open) but thats all i needed it for.

Oh, I'm not comparing it directly to XP in terms of functionality. I know all about Vista, and how it's completely different and blah blah... I got that. However, when XP boots mad quick, and Vista takes 3 and a half minutes to even throw up the splash screen, then yeah, I start to compare them to some degree at that point. It's not about XP vs Vista, though. It's about, which one is more suitable for me?

Vista has its good points, I won't dog it when I feel as though it deserves credit. But at the same token, I've had it crash randomly considerably more often than XP - and this isn't my laptop specific.

It has its good points and its bad, just like any other OS. But, like I said before, at the end of the day I have to go with what does the best job... and that's why Vista is no longer on my laptop.

Jayce,

The point you made is what my point has been all along. You talk of is it right for you. Vista is not right for everyone. Just as XP is not right for everyone. There is no OS out there that is right for everyone. Many people will not use Vista cause it isnt right for them. But I would hope that they would at least give it a shot.

I am not trying to say that Vista is perfect. I am not trying to say that it is the best thing ever. Cause i know better. But what i am trying to say is try it. Update it to SP1 and run it with compatible hardware/software. You will see that Vista with the correct stuff can be very nice and run great. You will not get many of those old school Windows 98 apps running on it when they can run on Windows XP.

I see what you are saying Jayce. But you have seen the bad side. While i have as well with a Vista beta whipping my hard drives clean, i look past it. A crash is to be expected from time to time with what i do. I can crash Ubuntu just as fast as i can crash Vista. If not faster. I do not talk bad of a OS cause of a crash or 2. I do not think that it isnt worth my time cause of a few faults which are 95% user created over Manufacturer programmed.

So while you are right that Vista isnt for everyone. At least i am trying to get people to see that Vista is not all that bad and can be used for good as well. I do not just talk of the bad things and then go adn say that Vista isnt bad. If you do not say anything positive how can people not think you dont like it? Yeah it crases. Yeah it has its faults. So does XP, Ubuntu, Fedora, OS X, among every other OS. But i look beyond that to what can be positive and i share that. I have crashed every OS i have used. In minutes. Being a beta tester for Microsoft has shown me how fast i can crash a OS.

But i do not count that agaist the OS. I do not count that against the Beta. It happens. Even in the most perfect settings you will see that a PC can act wierd and crash. No overheat no nothing. It just happens. It can not be explained. But there it is.

Cheers,
Mak

Yup it did run on it, i have no proof becuase i had to selll the eee to pay for my 9800gtx but i got the idea from the guys on this forum,EeeUser ASUS Eee PC Forum / 333PC's Final Vista Guide(10 Second Boot, Tweaks , and more), i used vlite to make it small enough to fit then installed from a 2gig mem stick, i never managed to do all the tweaks so thats probly why bootup took so long but once it was up and running i had no problems, the most i could do with it was have internet explorer, windows media player and (surprisingly) photoshop cs2 open at the same time (photoshop takes a while to open) but thats all i needed it for.

So.... what benfit does vista give you on your eee pc? Ready for some extreme dx10 pacman??!?!

I have Vista Business on a P4 3.4 with 2 gig ram. Runs extremely smooth. Just like Mak and others have said, the people that say Vista sucks 99.9% of them have NEVER used or seen Vista, they are just regergitating (sp*) what others have said. And when you ask why it sucks they just explain how it is trash. They don't know the details, nor have they ever used Vista before. People said the same thing about XP, and how it was no good and they wanted 2000 back. Sad part is Vista provides TONS more functionality and features compared to XP that XP did not offer over 2000 - yet the feedback is worse.

Sorry you can't run Vista on your P2 with 512 mb of Ram. I agree grandpa doesn't need anything more than that to check email from his grandkids, but we need to move on and stop bashing a product people know little about.

Vista should run perfectly fine on a dual core 1.8 with 2 gig ram (sounds like what those 5 people probably had) - it probably ran EXTREMELY slow because of all the bloatwear that Dell put on the machine - not because the hardware couldn't handle the OS.

So.... what benfit does vista give you on your eee pc? Ready for some extreme dx10 pacman??!?!

just so i could show all the computer nerds in the year below me at school that i was right (that it would work) and they were wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom