XP users love Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drizzt,

I run F@H CPU, GPU, Photoshop, FileZilla, Opera, Steam, WLM, Digsby, Outlook, ATiTool among many other apps all at the SAME time and i have yet to experience any slowdown. How it is that my lowely P4 can do this yet you say a C2D with 2GB of RAM slows down with just 1 intensive app?

That makes no sense. I am doing work in Photoshop which is intensive since i run CS3 and uploading while Folding with my CPU and GPU yet i do not expereince this stuff at all.

How can that be when i do not even haev a dual core CPU. That seems really odd that i can do it yet these people claim not to be able to. I hae upwards of 70 processes running at all times. No slowdown at all.

Seems to me that maybe they have to high of a expectation. Plus you do not know if they had Aero on for this. could hae put it in Classic.

Plus to think that Aero is the only improvement in Vista is wrong. There is so much more that was done to Vista. Networking, UAC, Firewall updated, and so much more. I wont even bother to try and explain it all cause it wont do any good.

Just goes to show that maybe some people are expecting to much. Instead of working with it. But i am only talking from my time spent with Vista and the beta. So i dont know what i am talking about.

Cheers,
Mak

Mak213, what would YOU say are the minimum requirements of computer specs to just run vista with nothing else on the computer?

cheers

I just upgraded to it, and I like it, still hard getting used to everything though... but I'll catch on xD

Mossy,

You can run Vista on just about any machine if it meets the required specifications. Many people think that Vista will run as fast as XP. It wont. If you go in with a predetermined mindset you will be disappointed. Without a doubt.

I went in thinking of Vista as something new. Not something improved. I did not think that it was going to be a super fast version of XP with a new GUI. I knew that it wasnt.

But i would say using a Dual Core CPU and at elast 2GB of RAM you should be able to run Vista flawlessly.

Sorry if it seems like i have a tude today. Rough day. I will stop posting for a while and take a break as it seems my foul mood is affecting everyone around me. Cant have that.....

~Mak

Ive been running vista home prem for around 6 months now and havent had a single hiccup. Matter of fact the only reason i even load up XP is because i get a few extra points in 3dmark06 :D

Mossy,

You can run Vista on just about any machine if it meets the required specifications. Many people think that Vista will run as fast as XP. It wont. If you go in with a predetermined mindset you will be disappointed. Without a doubt.

I went in thinking of Vista as something new. Not something improved. I did not think that it was going to be a super fast version of XP with a new GUI. I knew that it wasnt.

But i would say using a Dual Core CPU and at elast 2GB of RAM you should be able to run Vista flawlessly.

Sorry if it seems like i have a tude today. Rough day. I will stop posting for a while and take a break as it seems my foul mood is affecting everyone around me. Cant have that.....

~Mak

Well, I guess my older PC's won't be able to handle it then. Oh well, I just wanted to have a look at Vista. I guess I will stick with XP for now.

PS...no tude noticed by me from you Mak213. Hope all goes well for you the rest of the weekend. Cheer up.

cheers

Same, I could run vista on my Intel Celeron CPU lol
with 2 GB 566 mhz i believe

SO I afully agree with mak. Also I don't know why so many people supposedly get blue screen of death, while I been using a 5 year old computer, and never had a blue screen of death, not even with my latest high end computer. (been using vista for over a year now.)

My opinion about Vista is the same it was a year ago.

I don't think Vista is really that bad. I just don't think it's good... I have it on my laptop and force myself to tolerate it only so I am familiar with it so I can help others troubleshoot issues on their computer.

Given the opportunity, I'd pick XP in a heartbeat.
At the same token, given the opportunity, I'd pick Ubuntu in a heartbeat.

I'm a simple guy of functional taste. I like what simply works. :)

OK, here are my computers specs compaq preario 7360 with a 500 megahertz amd k6-2 processor with 312 MB of RAM. Could I at least load Vista on to this computer and move around the OS just to see it? I expect it to be some what slow.

What do you guys think?

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom