Actism

Beta member
Hello,

I just purchased a new laptop.

Intel® Core™ Duo Processor T2400 [1.83GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 667MHz FSB]
1024MB PC4200 DDR2
120GB HDD (5400rpm, Serial-ATA)
Windows XP Pro SP2

I set up a user account to keep away from auto installers and all the other trash out there like spyware and stuff.

Well my internet connection is much slower than in my admin account. Sometimes pages wont load and sometimes IE locks up for a minute or 2.

I have no p2p software running.
Same set of applications running.
and spyware free, well I run a scan every night.

Can someone help please?
:(

Have you followed the same paths for both the Admin and the user account? ie, go to this website, then this one and then this one. Time taken is x. Compare each, then Look at each site that is loading. The standard setup for users is just more secure, less access to system level stuff. Should have nothing to do with browsing, since that is all profile based, unless, you need an activeX or something.

Good luck

umm...if you have more clutter/stuff in your user account and none of that in the Admin account, the Admin account would definitley be faster.

In my friends computer (which hasnt been scanned for viruses or reformatted in about 4 years), each account has a different speed...its crazy. I end up having to use a slow PC becase of spyware...

Both accouts have the same programs, in fact my user account has less running since I try to keep my starup time as short as possible.

I also did compare web sites. I went to car manufacturer sites and compared since they usually have tons of animation and plug ins running.

It's not really the programs...it's the other stuff (Cache, history, cookies, stuff in my documents, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom