XP Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPU423

Solid State Member
Does any one have any tips or ways to customize XP? Also, I have always wondered how the recycle bin works. Does anyone know?

CPU423 said:
Does any one have any tips or ways to customize XP? Also, I have always wondered how the recycle bin works. Does anyone know?

IN MY OPINION XP PRO DOES NOT NEED MUCH
EMPTY IT

lol, once you put something in the rec bin, just right-click it and press "empty recycle bin"

as for customizing, windowblinds is pretty good, google it,lol

Actually, what I ment by the recycle bin thing was does any one know how it deletes thigs from the computer.

as for HOW
it doesnt literally delete things, it deletes the directory that tells XP its there, then it writes over it with whatever other program you add

CPU423 said:
Actually, what I ment by the recycle bin thing was does any one know how it deletes thigs from the computer.

it's really not deleted until the hardrive is destroyed. even with killdisk

The recycle bin is actually not that interesting, at least to me its not from a technological standpoint. My understanding is that when a file is moved to the recycle bin, nothing happens to the actual file until the bin is empted then the files is deleted. It sort of like a holding place for the marker for the file.

make sure you check the box that says "dont remove items to the recycle bin. Remove items immediately"

recbin.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom