XP Tablet Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdave1984

Repeat Offender
I have a friend with a Gateway laptop that has XP Tablet Edition on it where you can write on the screen with the stylus. The HD is dying, it only will boot when the machine is cold or very cool. I have no problem putting in anew drive. Ghost doesn't see the existing drive even when cold so that option is out. She only has the recovery disks that came with it which will be useless without the recovery partition on the drive. I don't know if it could be installed without that partition. My question is, if I download the Tablet software from Microsoft here: Download details: Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition Software Development Kit 1.7 can I install XP Pro and then the Tablet software and it be just fine or is there something else in the OS that will be needed?
P.S. It runs just fine after you get it booted and doesn't crash. But if you shut it off, you have to let it cool completely to get it back on.

EDIT: Tried to run chkdsk/r but it said autocheck wasn't available for raw drives or something to that nature.

I dont think that will work. As that software if for building ink-enabled applications for Tablet PC. It is not for making the tablet part work. You will have to find a copy of XP Tablet Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom