XP strikes again ! - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 07:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Techie

Get a mac? You could, but if your used to windows then that might not be such a great idea, and with my experience with macs, there is just something about the interface I dont like. I would go with linux, the interface would be more familiar and you would'nt need a new computer. Oh, did I mention its free?

Old 04-22-2005, 08:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
Build Guru

Well where the corp version is concerned that is basically what i was telling him and you can just get a key from the net (or PM me and ill get you one) to use SP1 (or 2 but it sux). Where the mac is concerned its really hard to go from windows to mac man, ive tried doing it myself and it was almost impossible. i felt like i was learning the computer all over again at age 7 Oh and i think your right on the TCPA.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to Blitze105 Send a message via Yahoo to Blitze105

yes i love the few thousand questions they ask before they tell you anything (which is usually wrong)
Old 04-22-2005, 10:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
Newb Techie

i read a bunch of your replies and noticed a common trend. where macs were concerned, most of you agreed that to switch from windows to mac is a real pain. actually, if you do it right, it isn't. I can use both, but i didn't learn Mac on a new system, rather i learned it on an old Macintosh Plus that i saved from the trash heap. It's a riot to use and when apple revamped their os, it made it easier to adapt. my advice, ask around to see if anyone's dad or uncle or anyone else they know has an old mac that they don't want anymore and, if possible, obtain it. by going about it this way, you get to learn the basic mac functions without all of the recently added glitz that makes it seem slightly intimidating for a Windows user. just make sure that you have the right one. I don't know much about the history of macs, though i could easily look it up, but mine was i think the second model after macintosh was actually introduced around 1984. if you can't find anyone who's willing to part with theirs, you can usually pick up complete systems (i recommend shooting for a processing unit[the thing with a screen and a 3.5" floppy drive], a mouse, a keyboard, and an external hard drive. also make sure that the cables to connect the components together are included. the power cables are regular three-pin computer cords that are used on modern computers so don't worry if they say that it doesn't come with power cords.) Oh, and be carefull. if you plan on trying to load stuff onto it, make sure you or someone you know has a newer mac with a floppy drive. Mine is the only mac in our household so i can't download anything to put on it, though it does have a few games already.

Sincerely,
Skyfyre, The Southern Dragon
Old 04-23-2005, 01:40 AM   #15 (permalink)
Build Guru

sounds good if i wanted to use a mac. but i prefer to start w/ OSX cause my mom knows it from work.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
Content Team

How about Linspire? Hey microsuck , are you watching?
Old 04-23-2005, 06:14 PM   #17 (permalink)
Monster Techie

id love to hear bout a microsoft employer ( a faithful one) would say bout some of the posts on here to be quite honest
Old 04-23-2005, 07:50 PM   #18 (permalink)
Build Guru

most of them would prolly not care really. most of microsofts emplyees dont care about the company much, they just look at it as easy money lol.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 04-23-2005, 09:21 PM   #19 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Send a message via AIM to GiZmo

HAHAHAA YOUR FED
Old 04-23-2005, 09:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
Monster Techie

lol i was gonna say that! most prolly only do it for the $$ (who could blame em)

Closed Thread