Xp Sp3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is only the pre-beta. The official beta isnt out yet. So you are running software that has the ptoential to crash your system on the next update cycle. The software isnt fully tested and will crash at some point. I used it for a period of time and right away there wasa gain. But after a couple of weeks XP jsut started to crash out of no where.

It isn't nothing but a bunch of updates. it isn't like sp2 where you had useful things added

All the updates in SP3 are already availalbe via Windows Update and the M$ site. So as Eric said nothing will be added. If you are praying for this then apparently you dont know how to use Google since you can get all these updates from M$ themselves.

i cant wait for sp3, and direct x 9.l which i heard is dx10 for xp, then im swapping to xp immediatley

There is no DX9.l that is in XP SP3. As stated above it is only, and read this carefully ONLY, hotfixes in this service pack. DX9.l can be acquired at any time from the DX Runtime site. It will not and is not incorporated into SP3 at all.

Also that info about 9.l being equal to DX10 for XP. I have yet to hear that from the DX team. They have not said anything of that nature on their site or in the private newsgroups.

So when can we expect SP3 and when scan we expect windows to stop supporting XP? (After a while of course but just wondering.)

M$ just released a statement saying that XP will be available till April of next year. So dont expect to see it drop off anytime soon. Even after they stop selling it they will still support it for up to 2 years. Just like it was only earlier this year they stopped support for 98 and ME. So support will be there. I just wont be for sale.

XP SP3 isnt slated till 1q 2008. But since the Beta has been delayed for release to testers it might be the later part of the 1q.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom