XP SP2 firewall question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win2kpatcher

Fully Optimized
Hello! Is there a way to remotely set the XP SP2 windows firewall to a disabled state? I would like to disable it on all clients I install the SP2 upgrade on. We are still on the old Windows 2000 server so I can not do it via a GPO like I could if we had 2003 server.

Is there a way like an add-on pack or something that would allow me to access GPO settings related to XP systems that I could add to our Windows 2000 server? I plan to roll out SP2 remotely so simply configuring each station would not be ideal...thanks!

you can configure a policy file that you can then place on the machine.
Also, there is a config file that you can setup before sending out SP2. It's set to allow no firewall when on domain, and firewall when off. Something like that...
I can get more details in the AM... I'm working on this right now with GPO's so it's a ton easier, but this is doable...

Awesome once again! Yea this is a piece of cake to do on a Windows 2003 Server GPO env as I have personally done it many times...but never on a W2K server. Corp needs to hurry up and upgrade :) thanks Inaris!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom