XP SP1 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACE

Beta member
I have the new OS XP SP1 installed on my computer and I've notice several problems with it. Like how it doesn't come with any Indeo Video codecs. This and most of the problems I've solved on my own but this new one is just killing me. In XP sometimes Outlook Express won't retain a password for some reason. There is a fix posted on Micrsoft's knowledge base but it only works for XP or XP updated to SP1. I've tried uses the fix on 3 different computers all running the new OS and all failed to work. What happens is when you try to delete the registry key it says "cannot delete all specified values", so I went into safe mode under the Admin and deleted it from there. But when I log back onto my user the password is still not retained. I've tried asking around and not many people know that much about the new operating system. Any help would be greatly app. :D
thanks, ACE

im using OE 6 but i think ive figured out what was causing the problem. it was occuring on what i thought was all XP SP1 computers but really it was on HPs with XP SP1. I tried doing a cleaning installion of XP SP1 with not preinstalled software from HP and so far everything is working 10 times better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom